The text for these pages has been taken from the Souvenir booklet of the opening of the current church on 6th December 1973. The booklet was written by Fr Jeremiah A Cronin, the curate at the time, and Frank J Pycroft, an active parishioner. If anyone has any items of interest, particularly since 1973, that might be added to this section then please use the Contact Us page with details. Please click on any of the links below to read more.
- The early years up to about 1859
- Entries from the Catholic Directory in 1842, 1843 and 1850
- Letters from Crayford’s Parish Priests
- An Eyewitness account of the opening of the first Church in 1842
- More History from 1860 to about 1900
- And from 1900 to 1973
In this section we will link to pages covering events in the recent past.